For incoming first-year students
The Living-Learning Program regular application process will open in January 2023.
How to Apply
Applications for Living-Learning Programs can be completed once an incoming student has accepted their offer of admission from Virginia Tech and paid the matriculation fee. At that time, a housing contract will be made available to eligible students. A component of the application is expressing interest and applying to Living-Learning Programs. Students may apply for up to three LLPs as part of the housing contract application in the StarRez Application Portal.
Application Review Cycles
Applications will be reviewed approximately every two weeks. If you have not heard within two weeks of submitting your application, you are welcome to reach out to email@example.com. The Office of Living-Learning Programs will then inquire on your behalf about your applications status. Offers may expire, so pay close attention to the dates provided in the offer email.
Please note, students will not be able to apply to Living-Learning Programs after Friday, June 2, 2023 to allow time for room selection before the start of the fall term.
For transfer students
Fall 2023 applications for the Transfer Experience LLC will open in April 2023.
How to ApplyDue to limited on-campus spots for transfer students, any transfer students seeking to live on campus must follow these steps:
- Apply to the Transfer Experience LLC
- Applications can be completed once an incoming transfer student has accepted their offer of admission from Virginia Tech and paid the matriculation fee. At that time, the application can be found in the StarRez Portal.
- If accepted, you will receive a housing contract and are required to live in the Transfer Experience LLC designated location (Newman Hall).
- If you do not want to apply to the Transfer Experience LLC, you can place your name on the housing waitlist.
- If taken off the waitlist, you can apply to up to 3 LLPs other than Transfer Experience.
- If you are not taken off the waitlist and not accepted to Transfer Experience, you will have to seek off-campus arrangements.
For currently enrolled VT students
Applications for current students will RE-OPEN January 3-20, 2023.
How to Apply
Current Virginia Tech students are eligible to:
- Apply to join a Living-Learning Program (LLP) for the first time
- Apply to return to their current LLP
- Apply to switch LLPs
Applications are located under the “LLP Returners” section of the StarRez Application Portal. Current students may apply for up to 2 Living-Learning Programs*.
NOTE: Offers may be changed to a waitlist status if students do not accept the offer by the deadline indicated in their offer email. Please be sure you make a decision and take necessary action by the noted deadline.
* Galileo, Hypatia, Orion, and Transfer Experience are not accepting applications from students not currently part of the program.