For incoming first-year students
Incoming first-year students for the Fall 2021 term are now able to apply!
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Living-Learning Programs can be completed once an incoming student has accepted their offer of admission from Virginia Tech and paid the matriculation fee. At that time, a housing contract will be made available to eligible students. A component of the application is expressing interest and applying to Living-Learning Programs. Students may apply for up to three LLPs as part of the housing contract application in the StarRez Application Portal.
You can see a walkthrough of how to apply here.
Cycle #1: January 15 – January 31
- Deadline: January 31
- Notification: By February 1
- Offer Expiration: February 15
Cycle #2: February 1 – February 28
- Deadline: February 28
- Notification: By March 1
- Offer Expiration: March 15
Cycle #3: March 1 – March 31
- Deadline: March 31
- Notification: By April 1
- Offer Expiration: April 15
Cycle #4: April 1 – April 30
- Deadline: April 30
- Notification: By May 3
- Offer Expiration: May 15
Cycle #5: May 1 – May 31
- Deadline: May 31
- Notification: By June 1
- Offer Expiration: June 15
Cycle #6: June 1 – June 30
- Deadline: July 1
- Notification: By July 1
- Offer Expiration: July 1
Please note, students are able and encouraged to apply before deadlines for each cycle. Students will not be able to apply to Living-Learning Programs after Wednesday, June 30, 2021 to allow time for room selection before the start of the fall term.
For currently enrolled VT students
Applications for current students are now closed, and will open again in October, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Current Virginia Tech students are eligible to:
- Apply to join a Living-Learning Program (LLP) for the first time
- Apply to return to their current LLP
- Apply to switch LLPs
Applications are located under the “LLP Returners” section of the StarRez Application Portal. Current students may apply for up to 2 Living-Learning Programs.
NOTE: Galileo, Hypatia, Orion, and Transfer Experience are not accepting applications from students not currently part of the program.
For transfer students
HOW TO APPLY
Due to limited on-campus spots for transfer students, any transfer students seeking to live on campus must follow these steps:
- Apply to the Transfer Experience LLC
- If accepted, you will receive a housing contract and are required to live in the Transfer Experience LLC designated spaces.
- If you do not want to apply to the Transfer Experience LLC, you can place your name on the housing waitlist.
- If taken off the waitlist, you can apply to up to 3 LLPs other than Transfer Experience.
- If you are not taken off the waitlist and not accepted to Transfer Experience, you will have to seek off-campus arrangements.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.