Explore. Discover. Decide.
What do you want to do with your life? At VIA, we love that question. That’s because we’re a community of explorers committed to finding our passion in school and designing our path afterward.
In the VIA Living-Learning Community, we offer students from any major (or no major at all!) the space, structure, and skills to discover what really sparks passion for you. In VIA you’ll get all the space, support, and structure you need to identify or declare a major, define your career ambitions, and make a solid plan to achieve your goals.
Who VIA is for?
VIA is open any student who’s deciding on a major. That includes University Studies students, undecided majors within each college, or declared majors who want to explore their options.
All first-year residents of VIA take the course UNIV 1824—Pathways to Success: Exploring Your Future during the fall semester. It’s taught by your VIA advisor and undergraduate peer mentors.
We designed the Pathways to Success course to help you transition smoothly to college. In UNIV 1824, you’ll
- Learn skills for succeeding in college.
- Explore majors at Virginia Tech and the careers they lead to.
- Develop your research and communication skills.
- Practice problem-solving and decision-making.
- Discover campus resources for students—the kind other students don’t find out about till senior year.